Friday 21 June 2013

MY PLAYLIST (WORLD MUSIC DAY 2013)

Image Credit: namibtimes.net
Music is the food for the soul, they say...and just like it is with real food, everybody got their own favourite!!! Well, I've got mine too, and since today is World Music Day, I've decided to let you guys know the Top 10 Songs on my Playlist for now. I'm saying for now because, it could change before the next World Music Day, someone can just record a new song tomorrow that'd sweep me off my feet (hahaha). But for now these are the songs that I listen to regularly because when they sing, I think, reflect, relax, singalong,etc.
Here's the Playlist of artistes I listen to;


1. Madonna: Don't Cry for me Argentina

2. Rihanna: Stay





3. Toni Braxton: (anything she sings)










4. Mary J Blige :Mr Wrong










5. Celine Dion: Everything








6. Chris Brown










7. Usher










8. Beyounce










9. Lady Gaga: Edge of Glory










10. Flavour










And the list remains endless though...LOL

About the Nigerian Music Industry, They are coming out. I love them for party and club mixes, but that's all. As for PASSING A MESSAGE only a handful pass on anything at all... But we are doing great in Africa and we can do more.

I think Nigerian musicians need better managers, and lawyers on their intellectual property rights. They need to diversify the talents. Differentiate a script writer from a composer, a singer from a performer, and tackle piracy in these parts. They need to learn to pay royalties, and give credit to the right people when needed. If we want a growth in our industry, we need to identify our talents, stick to them cos sometimes Nigerians always move with the crowd and then you have a Mode9 who is very good making a loss, or is this just the Hip Hop age? Hmmm. Just asking.


No comments:

Post a Comment