Thursday 20 June 2013

REFUGEES? . . .OR TOURISTS

Image Credit: worldrefugeeday.us
It came as a shock to me, when the UN news center recently revealed that ''about 6000 Nigerian Refugees are now in Niger Republic seeking refuge from the violence in their home state''. I just wonder, What violence exactly are they fleeing?
It even gets more hilarious, when you hear people say the State of Emergency Should be called off. Because of these 'refugees'. Personally I think it should not be called off until they have flushed out all and every potential BH suspect. I think it was very sluggish in the beginning, But since this is where we are, we can only work with the FG and ensure we take back our land. This should primarily be the work of indigenes who know the strangers in their midst.


My only fear is the neighboring states that are not in a state of emergency might be an easy hideout for these terrorists. I guess the question now is how Ready are out Security agents? Otherwise we are only fanning the disease not treating it.

For every error/mishap caused we need results, and how often have our security agencies helped in concluding a case? I really do hope it isn't politically motivated for if it is we are not going anywhere yet... Declare all those states in the North on Emergency, investigate the State governors and legislators, they should use this opportunity to plant hidden cameras, fix our borders...etc No SENTIMENTS, we are fighting a systemic problem!
Image Credit: care.org
As for the refugees... There is no war in those States so where are they relocating to? Except the ones who don't have homes? Or the ones who want to use this opportunity and travel out for tourism? Or. . .except they are BH members... If not where are they going to? The States are not at war! I can understand the pains of refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali and in the Syrian Arab Republic which has forced more than 1.1million refugees into neighbouring countries. But if the  UN news center says there are about 6,000 Nigerian refugees in Niger fleeing the Boko haram vs Army fight, then I am waiting for a good explanation of this number  because I don't get it. Why didn't they move when BH was bombing the states?


These re some of the questions I'd like to ask reporters in that zone. I wish I could have covered nonetheless... The FG needs to take responsibility for the peace of everyone in this country. And we need to give them a helping hand!!! being a refugee isn't fun, Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment