Saturday 1 March 2014

POST-PRESIDENTIAL MEDIA CHAT



The Presidential media chat is always a great opportunity for Nigerians to hear first hand from the Commander-in-chief on the state of the nation. It's almost like an explanation of our position on the road map. Where we were, where we are, and where we are going.
Unlike other media chats, this week's Presidential media chat generated so much condemnation that many people would have wished the president didn't come out at all that day. I can't go into all the details, and I'm seriously tired of talking about 'people talking' (Lol). I put up with it on Air--i'm on a talk radio station obviously!--but I won't do that here.



Instead let's talk about actions, I think they speak louder than words. How do we get back the #20AbductedBornoGirls? How do we stop the killings? The baseless massacres? We have the best land soldiers in the world, I heard. So? What are the 'best' doing? How can we make them better? It's high time we start acting and stop too much talk. What an average Nigerian like me wants is just a better life--the simple dividends of democracy. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment