Wednesday 3 September 2014

RENAISSANCE 2015

Hello guys! It's been ages right? Yeah ☺. For the few months I took a break from blogging and RTS, so much happened in my life.

Okay it's not like I won the Centenary lottery or any jackpot, but like most of my friends on social media know, I got married! (Shouts)... Yeah!  You didn't know? Oh, sorry about that, but are you sure you've been on earth? ☺ Because it was on Popular blogs and it trended on twitter and facebook and other forums (Yeah, me bragging, haha)


So, I got married to the love of my life, Daniel Chibuzor Nnwoka. Most of you know him as Daniel D' Humorous. it was all I ever dreamt of, with a gazillion butterflies in my tummy... heheh

Away from wedding talk now, I want to tell you about Daniel. First thing you can easily note is, He's a very visionary man( and this is not wife-hype ☺) In fact beyond the fame and glamour that surrounds him, the whole celeb-Daniel-D-Humorous-thing, I was drawn more to him because of his moral fiber and intelligence. And of course, he does a lot of sit-down comedy at home with me too--since he does Stand-up comedy on stage with you guys--and there's nothing a woman loves more than a man who can tickle her funny bone ☺. So just imagine getting upset with him and he's leaving me choking on laughter at the end! Oh shoot, cant stay upset anymore! Lol

Apart from all this, Daniel is full of surprises. Did I tell you guys how he proposed to me? Oh no! I didn't? Daniel sneaked into my house while I left for work, @dorakoli was his accomplice, and when I came in after a hard day's talk(or work) to see some dude in my house, I almost started screaming thief oh, thief oh, thief oh!!!! (Lol) Okay, but it was cool and romantic afterwards, I'll fill you in on the DETAILS much later☺

In the spirit of Surprises, he recently revealed his political aspirations to me. Unlike many people who would have said; "Ehn? Poli-wetin? You want to kill me?!!!" Or "ewoooo, dirty game! Politics ohh!" (Hehe), or something like that. 

The fact is Daniel has been in politics even before he walked me down the aisle. He's been obsessed with leadership styles of our present Nigeria and reads all these captivating leadership books about sheiks in the UAE and other places we don't know *rolls eye*. Hence I won't be the reason he stops doing what he's passionate about.

2015 is a few months away, and I know this man. Apart from the fact that I love him deeply and will support him in all his endeavours, I also decided to share this with you guys so you can be the first to know, authentically, and not be lost in the myriad of rumours making the rounds. I'm not asking for sympathy votes when he finally declares what he's contesting for and what umbrella(no pun intended). In fact we've said nothing about a political party and sympathy votes (voting for people out of love and sympathy even when they're not competent) is the last thing we need in this nation. 


I strongly believe politics in Rivers State, and Nigeria as a whole, needs a renaissance. We need to go to the next level, and if Daniel is one of those leaders who'll take us to that level, I'll put my thumb print(vote) on him. This 2015, I'm looking at making my vote count. I hope you will too?
Who knows I just might be a Hilary Clinton in the making after Bill of course...(hehehe)
God dey! Cheerio

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm wonderful!I'll be waiting as well to cast my vote!There is something about Dan,that i have appreciated and loved since I knew him,is, irrespective of how famous he has become,he is very down to earth,and has time for almost everybody!How he does that only he and God can tell you,and to me that is a quality of a very good leader. I'll be waiting,your husband is worth every vote Millie!God bless you both and your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even tho i don't like politics (like in Naija) I still respect passion. I've heard Dan talk on radio abt d messy politics in Naija. This is obvious that he has a different(may be better) philosophy. I see leadership in Daniel.
    ...but my issue is






    I hate APC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Enex but Keep Calm... Political Party Loading...!

      Delete
  3. Flattie I never vote, but this one, I am behind you all the way. Carry go Daniel

    ReplyDelete