Friday 5 July 2013

GREEN PASSPORT VS BLUE PASSPORT

Image Credit: procureitnigeria.com

Image Credit: wikipedia
Yesterday was America's birthday, Ahh! Lots of fireworks and celebration. Well, America is 237 years old, really old if you ask me. . .but she's still healthy and strong to care for her 50 states, and even breast feed a host of other nations abroad. Someone even said, after mother earth, mother America is the next big mama we have (lol), No wonder many people want to go there to live the American dream.

One way many people(like me) have tried to cross the border is through VISA lottery. Ahhh! I've done VISA lottery oh! I kept trying again and again and again. . .but  none of them worked in the end(sad face) hehehe. I can hear you saying, ''hey, she's not patriotic'' Ehn, I agree! Who doesn't want a better life and better opportunities? Well if you don't, me I do oh! 
Okay now be frank, let's say you're given a green Nigerian passport and the blue American passport, which will you take? (Lol) I know you must be thinking i'm evil, because of the way i'm tongue-lashing Nigeria. But i'm just being human you know? Everybody loves success, even though I still love my darling country Nigeria more, I still wish she could be better.
Image Credit: examiner
What can we learn from mother America? Her political system, her military, her social welfare schemes, her open arms, her love for her people, and most importantly her people's love for her--because in the end it's the people that make up America--But are we actually willing to learn the good things from Nigeria?
Are our leaders ready to let an FOI bill function? So that people can see the in and out of them? Are they ready to take the educational system serious? Or wilk ASUU and ASUP keep striking more than thunder on a rainy day(hehe). Are we ready to take the health care to another level? Are we ready?
The common excuse people give is; America is over 150 years older than us, so let us not compare Nigeria with them. But why wait till you're 237 to be developed, when you can develop now? Huh? I guess the truth is, we are not just ready to learn.

2 comments:

  1. I just having a heated conversation about living in Britain and having a Nigerian passport.Hence the title the curse of the Green Passport. Its worked out to be strangely hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to all of this so bear with me here and feel free to correct me if i have any misconceptions...
    Mandi sire (Radolin) is not fully approved by the IHB or HSI (What are they calling themselves these days?), he is .horse feeders

    ReplyDelete