Thursday 6 February 2014

"YES, I WILL BE YOUR VAL..."


It's that period of the year again, when oxygen leaves the atmosphere for love to fill the air. They say we can't breathe without oxygen and so I'm surprised st how we all survive this period of love being 'in the air' (hehe). Love is the most used word in this generation; on social media, in youth and teenage vocabulary; everywhere. Yet looking around you what we really see is a lot of hatred and anguish.

The whole Love buzz builds up to the D-day--or is it V-day as in this case(haha)---February 14th; the day to show "love". It's also funny how this date falls right in the middle of February. If you watch closely, you will notice how the buzz builds up for the first 13 days of the month, and the fizzling-out for the next 13 days, and by the first day in march, love is no longer in the air; oxygen takes its rightful position (haha)

But is this really love? The type that ends on the mattress of some motel or hotel? Is it all about the expensive gifts and flowers? The hugs and kisses? The evening date at some expensive restruant? The red gown and black tuxedo... I could go on and on to explain these symbols we have esteemed so high to take the place of love in our lives.

Image Credit: anajan
Love, true love is way beyound all these if you ask me. It's way beyound saying "yes, I will be your val", it is much more deeper. I think it's deep enough to make people give up their lives and freedom. Jesus Christ died for love didn't he? And God loved the world so much he let his son to die. Even St Valentine died for love right? I'm not saying you should go commit suicide in the name of love but I want you to know love is deeper than words, it's deeper than the fanfare of a single day. And to you reader, of course I'm not going to be your val! Keep walking (haha)

2 comments:

  1. Lol. Wow... You make sense die....
    This shows that you really know what love means.

    LOVE is far beyond boyfriend and girlfriend stuff.

    People think that LOVE is meant for opposite sex only, they do not know that they are to love their neighbors, brothers and sisters and any person they come across at all by sharing wot they have with them, solve their problems and be ready to do anything that will better their lives.

    My Dear Millions, you have said the major points, so i'm speechless to talk on it.
    What I know is that, I LOVE YOU, MILLISCENT.It's Pure Love from my heart. Is not mouth making...
    I hardly air these words "I LOVE YOU" I only say it when I mean it from my heart. And if I say I LOVE YOU, It means that whatever I have is yours and will be there at anytime you need my service. Even though i didn't say it, I wil express it from my heart by giving and helping in different ways, not only dat but to save when in danger.

    Nowadays in this world,people change Love to be another thing 4rm what God termed Love to be.
    Because of this you wil hardly believe when someone say I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete